Sound issue on Asus eeePC R101

Report Bugs, Issues and non- package Requests
csmaiwald

Sound issue on Asus eeePC R101

#1 Post by csmaiwald »

I use MX 23 on my old Asus netbook. everything works fine but there's no speaker sound. If I plug in Headphones Sound is working, but if i want to have speaker sound i always have to open the console and have to execute "alsactl init". There seems to be no way to make this automatically after boot. or to save the state after it is running. :frown:

j2mcgreg
Global Moderator

Re: Sound issue on Asus eeePC R101

#2 Post by j2mcgreg »

We are going to need your computer’s complete profile before we can proceed, so you need to post the output from the QSI utility. The Quick System Info (QSI) utility is located in MX Tools and its output is automatically formatted for use here in the forum. Run the QSI utility, click “Copy for Forum” at the bottom and then just paste it here in your thread.
Forum Rules
HP 15; ryzen 3 5300U APU; 500 Gb SSD; 8GB ram
Aspire V5-571; CPU Intel I3; 500 GB SSD; Intel 2nd Gen Graphics; 8 GB Ram
Aspire XC-866; i3-9100; UHD 630; 8 GB ram; 1TB HDD

In Linux, newer isn't always better. The best solution is the one that works.

Charlie Brown

Re: Sound issue on Asus eeePC R101

#3 Post by Charlie Brown »

Assuming it's Xfce: you can "add" new entry in "Session and Startup" - "App. Autostart". Any name, any Description and the command.

In case it doesn't work do the command like this with some delay:

Code: Select all

sh -c 'sleep 5 ; alsactl init'

... If it's Fluxbox you can add it into ~/.fluxbox/startup with a & at the end ( alsactl init & ) , somewhere in the middle (before the line exec fluxbox )

Alsamixer => F6, select sound card ( 0 ... ) then F5 (all) then play with the bars, also unmute/mute with the M key from keyboard (those showing MM under the bar are muted btw) ...

... When all settings are according to your taste:

Code: Select all

sudo alsactl store
If they're still not saved we'll do it another way (again with a startup entry)

Return to “Bugs and Non-Package Requests Forum”